Volunteers make it possible for us to provide extra love, exercise, and attention to our “guests” while we find them their forever homes. The volunteer program needs animal lovers to help out with morning cleaning of dog kennels and cat rooms Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays starting at 8:00 a.m., be responsible for afternoon cleaning and walking duties starting at 3:00 p.m., and working events in the community on a need basis helping to raise awareness about adoption animals. Further inquiries and questions or to set up a time to train, please email CBHSVolunteer@gmail.com or submit an application.
- You must be at least 12 years old. Individuals under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who also plans on becoming an active volunteer.
- Anyone under 18 must have a waiver of liability signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Steps to Become a Volunteer:
- Fill out the on-line Volunteer Application.
- Pay a $15.00 volunteer fee. The fee helps to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirts, I.D.’s, training materials, and maintaining the volunteer database.
- To ensure consistency we ask everyone interested in being a volunteer to first participate in the morning cleaning training session. Training time will run about 2 hours.
Why is training required?
Training helps give consistent care and attention to the animals at the shelter and helps to adequately care for animals with behavioral issues or medical needs.
Are there time requirements?
We ask volunteers to give at least 2 hours every month. Our on-line scheduling allows you to sign up for specific times and events.