Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers make it possible for us to provide extra love, exercise, and attention to our “guests” while we find them their forever homes. The volunteer program needs animal lovers to help out with walking dogs, cleaning kennels and cat room litter boxes during the week, primarily 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., and working events in the community on a need basis helping to raise awareness about adoption animals. Further inquiries and questions or to set up a time to train, please email email@example.com or submit an application.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Children between 10 and 15 can volunteer with a parent or legal guardian volunteer who has signed up and attended the volunteer orientation.
- If you are not yet 16 years old, but are wanting to donate your time to help the animals, here are some ways you can get involved:
- Spend time in our cat rooms, brushing and socializing with cats
- Make dog and cat treats/toys and bring them to the shelter to hand out
- Decorate kennel cards for our dogs in the adoption center
- Collect donations from our wish list to give to the cats, dogs, and other critters here at the Cedar Bend Humane Society
- Anyone under 18 must have a waiver of liability signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Steps to Become an Volunteer:
- Fill out the on-line Volunteer Application.
- Pay a $20.00 volunteer fee. The fee helps to cover the cost of volunteer t-shirts, training materials, and maintaining the volunteer database.
- To ensure consistency we ask everyone interested in being a volunteer to first participate in the orientation / training session. Training time will run about 45 minutes. Training orientations are available quarterly in January, April, July, and October.
Why is training required?
Training helps give consistent care and attention to the animals at the shelter and helps to adequately care for animals with behavioral issues or medical needs.
Are there time requirements?
We ask volunteers to give at least 2 hours every month. Our on-line scheduling allows you to sign up for specific times and events.
Volunteering as a group at the Cedar Bend Humane Society is a fun team building experience as well as a way to give back to your community. Group volunteers do activities such as filling bags for PAWS pantry, sorting our donated pop cans and bottles, and other various tasks around the shelter.
Please click here to fill out a Cedar Bend Humane Society Visit/Request Form if you are interested in volunteering as a group, having an event at CBHS, or requesting that CBHS visit your school or business.